The best PC games 2020: the titles not to be missed.
The best PC games. Prepare your computers for what 2020 has to offer.
Whether you’re trying to decide which new PC game to choose, or whether you’re new to the PC gaming world, you’re in the right place. We have selected for you the best PC games of all genres and we have collected them in this ranking to make your search easier.
Now that we have the GeForce RTX 2080 Ti and the Nvidia Super RTX series and that Intel has launched its Coffee Lake Refresh processor range that promises to contain the best gaming processors, 2020 is the best time to immerse yourself in the best games. for PC.
Forget about PlayStation and Xbox. The best PC games offer a wide range of genres for all tastes, from video games to platforms to point-and-click adventures, also including the great retro classics and first-person shooters.
In fact, you may even be confused and not know where to start. Luckily we have created for you a ranking of the best PC games of 2020.
Best new game: Doom Eternal
The unstoppable series of first-person shooters that kicked off a genre has already reached over two decades of seniority once again demonstrating that it knows how to renew itself and still manages to attract the attention of young and old users. Its latest release is having excellent sales numbers already from the first weeks after the presentation. Doom Eternal reinvents itself without abandoning the features that made the saga famous. In the new shooter there is all the ferocity that is expected from Doom, with the addition of some completely new RPG elements. We advise you not to miss it because Doom Eternal is the new PC game in circulation in the first quarter of 2020 and just preview the game to understand why.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
We know this game is aging, but it is making it like a good wine. Even after 3 years from its publication, it is one of the most ambitious open world games that have ever existed, combining the brazen grandeur of Skyrim with the extraordinary depth of Gran Theft Auto V. It is a game so full of content that it is one of the best for PC in 2020. Immense and beautiful, it will make you lose (in a good way) a lot of time. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is not only the best PC game of 2020 or one of the best open world games for PC, but it could be one of the best of all time.
Dark Souls 3
Although it’s probably not as difficult as the first chapters of the From Software series, Dark Souls 3 takes everything you loved from the saga and combines it with some elements taken from Bloodborne, the latest game released by the developers for PS4.
We won’t tell you a lie, Dark Souls 3 isn’t easy. It takes skill, but above all patience to make the combat system its own, which however we cannot define as unfair and for this reason it invites even the most casual players to immerse themselves in its dark and fantastic world. This chapter boasts a significantly better optimization for the PC version than the first one. Now that you can play Dark Souls: Remastered and see where this apocalyptic series started from, there has never been a better time than this to connect the first flame.
Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot
A bit of an action game, a bit of a fighting game (even if simplified) and a bit of a role-playing game. Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot, Bandai Namco’s new effort, is perfect for all fans of the first and last hour Akira Toriyama series. It is not perfect, given the “poverty” of the RPG mechanics, but it is easily forgiven given the epic nature of the Z series and its reviving of all the key events of the same.
Why choose a PC over a console?
There are several reasons why it is better to choose a PC for gaming rather than a console. Below are the main advantages that a PC is able to offer compared to other gaming platforms.
- One machine for everything: You can use a PC to work, study and even to play. So with a single expense you can have a complete platform, both for duty and pleasure. The important thing is to buy a machine capable of performing any task. Therefore, pay attention to the PC gaming performance you want to buy.
- Unbeatable performance: There is no console that can compete with the graphic power of a personal computer, both in terms of visual rendering and framerates. Today gaming PCs can support Ultra HD resolutions and very high framerates.
- Maximum customization: Do you want to improve your gaming experience? A PC allows you to customize both the hardware part and the software part to make it more suitable for your needs. For example, you can change the video card, to get a more powerful one. All you need to do is replace components, which is much more complex when it comes to consoles.
- Playing online is free: Most PC titles allow you to play online for free. While with the consoles to challenge your friends or online users you have to sign up for a subscription that can be monthly or yearly.
- Do not lose your video games: There are platforms that allow you to save your favorite video games online and recover them easily if you change or update them on your computer. This is not possible with consoles, even if manufacturers like Sony and Microsoft are running for cover.
- Complete library: The PC game library does not lack anything. Thus, each gamer can easily find the titles he prefers. Furthermore, genres such as RTS and cRPG are exclusive to the PC video game market.
There are also many other advantages offered by PCs compared to consoles. In addition, the progressive disappearance of titles exclusively for consoles, can be a good reason to switch to a gaming PC.